Inked Blog linking issue

Homepage Forums Widgets for SiteOrigin Inked Blog linking issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Adi Rao 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

KSL
    Participant

Using the free version of Inked Blog.
    Links in Read More button only go to page the widget is on. Thumbnail seems to link correctly.

pw
    Participant

Hy,

I have the same problem since the last Update to the newest Version 1.3.7.
    Would be nice, if there would be any advice, or help with the bug or Update which resoves the problem.

Regards

mkastler
    Participant

I posted this fix on the WP plugins support page too but figured it might be useful here too. This is super easy to fix! Turns out it’s a fatfinger issue on their dev side …

To fix this, go into /widgets-for-siteorigin/widgets/ink-blgs-widget/tpl directory. There you’ll see a PHP file for each type of blog layout; no image, image left, above, etc.

Do a search in these files for btn-text and you’ll be shuttled down to line 160 to 170 or thereabouts. Now, just a line or so above that, you’ll see this:
    <a " href="<?php esc_url( get_permalink() ); ?>"

This is the line of code that puts the classes and permalink to the post into the a tag. But you notice that code after href=? It’s broken … they somehow deleted or forgot to put in the echo that would actually spit it out. So just update that line to look like this and you’re good:

<a " href="<?php echo esc_url( get_permalink() ); ?>"

So glad it was such an easy fix, and hope this answer helps someone else!

Adi Rao
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I’ll update the plugin tomorrow with a fix.

Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Scroll to top